Produced by the Palm Beach Show Group, the 32nd Annual Baltimore Summer Antiques Show, August 23 - 26, 2012, is Maryland’s largest antiques event and one of the most important and anticipated shows of the summer for dealers and collectors with more than 575 international exhibitors drawn from the United States, Canada, France, Italy, England, China and Japan, Germany, South America and Asia. The show offers a diverse selection of items available for purchase, ranging from the antiquities to the 20th century, including the Deco and Modernist periods, featuring fine art and furniture in elegant, room-setting displays. The range of antiques is enormous. There are more than 200,000 individual items in the show, including vintage and estate jewelry, American and European silver, furniture of all kinds, crystal, art glass, ceramics, quilts, Art Deco, Art Nouveau, lamps, ethnic art, paintings, decoys, Chinese export, bronzes, music boxes, sewing collectibles, oriental rugs, textiles, posters, country store, antique armor and military, political memorabilia, nostalgia, advertising, and much more. And everything is for sale.
The Baltimore Summer Antiques Show attracts tens of thousands of patrons (knowledgeable collectors, museum curators, dealers, decorators and shoppers) from all over North America, Europe and Asia. Show guests can discover many great items ranging from $100 to museum quality treasures with values of more than $1,000,000.
A highlight of the event will be the 90-dealer Antiquarian Book Fair within the show that will offer rare books, first editions, autographs, fine manuscripts and unusual bibliographical material.
This year, complimentary tours led by PBS hit series “Market Warriors” star, Miller Gaffney, will be offered to guests. In addition, the show will feature an educational lecture series that is free to the public as well as show attendees. The lecture series will include presentations on a wide array of topics by respected dealers and industry experts.Key Facts:
- Known among dealers and collectors as the most important silver show in the nation, the Baltimore show has over 30 leading silver specialists ranging from early coin, Georgian, Irish, Russian and Victorian to local Baltimore Stieff, modern Louis Tiffany and George Jensen.
- Over 30 dealers specializing in Japanese and Chinese art create a mini Asian Arts show.
- Over 70 exhibitors featuring outstanding examples of American, English and Continental porcelain and pottery from all periods.
- The quality and quantity of antique and fine estate jewelry on offer is the attraction for many knowledgeable patrons seeking bargains for both personal use and resale inventory.
- The variety and quantity of glass on display rivals many specialized glass shows with American Brilliant, Steuben, Heisey, Moser, Galle, Lalique, Pairpoint, Handel, Tiffany and much more represented in depth.
The Baltimore Summer Antiques Show was acquired in October 2005 by the Palm Beach Show Group—owners and operators of the prestigious Naples Art, Antique & Jewelry Show, February 7-11, 2013; the Palm Beach Jewelry Art & Antique Show, February 15-19, 2013; and the DALLAS International Art, Antique & Jewelry Show, November 8-12, 2012. Since 2005, the Palm Beach Show Group has elevated the quality and reputation of the Baltimore show and has tripled attendance figures.
Now in its 32nd year, The Baltimore Summer Antiques Show is the largest indoor antique show in the country and one of the longest-running annual
events at the Baltimore Convention Center.
For more information: